1. YOUR full name [you will be "Petitioner"], address including county, date of birth, and tell us if you are currently in the military.
2. Your home and/or cell phone numbers and email address.
3. Your SPOUSE'S full name [he/she will be Co-petitioner], address including county, date of birth, and tell is if he/she is currently in the military.
4. Co-petitioner's home and/or cell phone numbers and email address.
5. How long has Petitioner lived in Colorado? [one of you, it doesn't matter which, must have lived here at least 90 days to proceed]
6. How long has Co-petitioner lived in Colorado?
7. Is Wife pregnant? "Yes" or "no".
8. Do you both waive spousal support or maintenance? "Yes" or "no". If "no", set forth the terms of your agreement as to spousal support.
9. Date and place (city and state) of marriage.
10. Date of separation.
11. Do you, together or separately, own any real estate (house, condo, vacant land etc.,)? "Yes" or "no". If "yes" please tell us your agreement with respect to it.
12. With regard to your tangible personal effects, furniture, appliances, etc., check the appropriate box below:
We will each retain what we now have. We will prepare a "his and hers" list and attach it to the divorce agreement after it is sent to us.
13. Please tell us how you are handling your non-retirement financial accounts [example: each keeping his/her own; or tell us how you will be dividing them].
14. Please tell us how you are handling your debts [example: each paying his/her own; some other arrangement].
15. Who will receive which automobile, and the payment details.
16. Regarding retirement accounts, do you have any? "Yes" or "no". If "yes", what is your agreement as to retirements? [example: you each retain your own; equally divide the marital portions; etc.,] [Note: if your agreement calls for funds to be transferred from one spouse to the other, you will need a "Qualified Domestic Relations Order" prepared for you. There are additional fees for that service. If applicable, you will be contacted to discuss the process and fees and charges associated with it.
17. Tax matters: Tell us how you want to file the next tax return: Joint or Separate? To file Joint you must still be married on the last day of the tax year in question. Also tell us...if Joint , how you will divide any refund or additional taxes due? If Separate , how are you apportioning any deductions such as real estate interest, real estate taxes, etc.
18. Dependency Exemptions: In future years, how do you agree to apportion the exemption(s) attributable to your child(ren)? [Hint: you can alternate years. If there's more than one child, each take one child, and so on]
19. Does Wife want her former name restored? "Yes" or "no". If "yes", please provide the full name to which she wishes to restore it.
20. Are there any restraining orders or protection orders, now or in the past between you? "Yes or "no". If "yes", please provide the court name, case No., date, and name of the protected party.
21. Has anyone in your family received social services such as food stamps, public assistance etc., within the past 5 years? "Yes" or "no" . If "yes", please provide the dates, the type of services, county, and name(s) of recipients.
22. Please set forth the full name, date of birth, gender, address, State of birth, and length of residence in Colorado for each child of this marriage under 19 years of age.
23. Regarding your child(ren), which parent will the child(ren) reside with the majority of the time...or will the parties share equal parenting time?
24. Will you share major decision-making regarding the child(ren) OR will one spouse make major decisions alone, and if so which spouse?
25. Describe your parenting time arrangement [example: alternate weekends, 50-50 alternating weeks; or "open, reasonable and flexible as mutually arranged from time to time". Please tell us how you want to handle holidays and special occasions too.
26. Are there any day care expenses? If so, how much per month, and who writes the check?
28. Is there health insurance for the child(ren)? If so, who pays for it; how much is the premium per month; and how many people are covered for that premium?
29. In the space below please tell us if either of you have a child/ren of another marriage/relationship under 19 who either lives with you/spouse OR for whom you/spouse pay court ordered child support? If "no" just leave the space blank. If "yes", for each such child tell us: Is it Petitioner's or Co-petitioner's child? Does the child live with you/spouse full time OR is child support paid to its other parent and if so how much?
30. Please tell us Petitioner's gross [before taxes] monthly income. Include overtime if it is required by employer. Please provide Petitioner's employer's name and address. [We're not going to contact them]
31. Please tell us Co-petitioner's gross monthly income including overtime if it is required by employer. Please provide Co-petitioner's employer's name and address.
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING SO WE CAN PROCESS YOUR CASE How will you be paying? PAYMENT OPTIONS We accept payment by Credit/Debit Card [Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover], check or money order. Please indicate your form of payment in the text field below. If you wish to pay by credit/debit card along with your submission please fill out the credit/debit card form below. Remember, we use a SECURE [ssl] server so your information is guaranteed safe. [If you prefer you may provide your credit card information telephonically by calling 303 751-9462] OUR TOTAL FEE IS $399 * *[excludes court filing fee presently $230] We will collect the filing fee from you later when you return your signed paperwork to us for filing. Please tell us how you will be paying...credit/debit card on line, check or money order by mail.
Payment by Credit Card Name on card Card number 3 digit code on the back Expiration date Zip code of billing address Transaction amount Date Authorization [typing your name authorizes this transaction]
FINE PRINT Mr. Calder is providing unbundled document preparation services only and does not represent either party. It is your responsibility to obtain independent legal advice if you have any questions about the substantive law or your rights. This process is intended for simple cases only and is not a substitute for individual legal representation in appropriate cases. The fees are "flat fees", not time based, so they will not be higher than stated unless you request changes to the paperwork after it is completed, in which case a modest revision fee will apply. Fees are considered earned and non-refundable once your paperwork has been prepared regardless of reconciliation of the parties, a party's refusal to sign the papers, or abandonment of the case. If Wife is having her former name restored, it will be necessary for her to have the final Decree certified by the clerk of the court after the case is concluded. That must be done by Wife in person or by mail and there is a modest fee charged by the clerk. It is the parties' responsibility to prepare, sign and record any real estate deeds. Likewise any car titles. We do not do those unless special arrangements are made in advance for additional cost. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE
By pressing the "submit" button you are thereby agreeing to the fees and all other terms and conditions set forth above.