The Joint Committee on the Draft Civil Contingencies Bill
seems to have produced a report which is very critical of the Government's plans.
The actual report is now available on the Parliament website at:
It will be interesting to see how closely this tallies with our amateur polemical analysis of the Draft Civil Contingencies Bill:
- Who will have the power of life or death over us ?
- How well are we prepared to deal with major emergencies ?
- Forced evacuations ?
- Financial compensation - no insurance ?
- Police control of ISPs and Telcos ?
- Censorship of the press and media ?
- Interaction with the Emergency Broadcast System Bill
- Safeguards against a Coup D'Etat ?
- Criminal penalties for abuse of Emergency powers ?
- Is it a real Emergency or is it a Hoax ?
- Consultation ? What consultation ?
- Data Retention for an Automatic Independent Public Inquiry
- Other organisations reponses to the consultation document
- Our response to the Consultation
- Where to send your responses to the consultation
- Joint Committee on the Draft Civil Contingencies Bill