CryptoParty London 3
Wednesday 12th December 2012
6 pm start until 10pm
101 St. Martins Lane (3rd Floor)
(next to the Duke of York's Theatre)
London WC2N 4AZ
Nearest Tube station is Leicester Square
Google Maps & StreetView 101 St Martins Lane
This will be a free event, but you will need to register your intention to attend, so that we can keep within the capacity limits of the venue.
A CryptoParty is *not* meant to be an event simply for technical experts, it aims to educate journalists, campaigners, political activists and the public in general about the basics of securing the privacy of their internet and mobile phone communications. Learn how to protect your confidential data, the identities of your contacts and whistleblower sources, your trade secrets and intellectual property, your financial transactions or just the seemingly mundane day to day aspects of your personal life.
Many of the people who need to use such tools and techniques the most, do not do so, because of their perceived difficulty and the tendency of technical experts to get side tracked into jargon and theoretical details, which are not relevant to most beginners.
That said, nobody is expert in all the tools and techniques that are available and which may be necessary, depending on the motivation and resources of the adversaries you face.
- 6:00pm Registration (pseudo-anonymous) - Warm up Talk
- 6:15pm - 6:30pm Welcome / Introduction
- 6:30pm - 7:30pm Parallel Workshops (Tor, PGP / GnuPG, Truecrypt, OTR chat, Anonymity Techniques)
- 7:35pm - 8:30pm Parallel Workshops (Tor, PGP / GnuPG, Truecrypt, OTR chat, Anonymity Techniques)
- 8:35pm -9:30pm Parallel Workshops (Tor, PGP / GnuPG, Truecrypt, OTR chat, Anonymity Techniques)
- 9:30pm Finishing up workshops, mince pies, Crypto Xmas Carols etc.
- 10:00pm Lightning Talks
CryptoParty London contact details:
Twitter hashtag #CryptoParty
PGP Key ID: 0x8997F1B8