Meetings on 1st Friday of the month except where stated:
- Birmingham 2600 - 1st Saturday of the month, 7pm-7.30pm, Snow Hill Station, Colmore Row - then somewhere warm
- Manchester 2600
"Please note, we are no longer meeting in the Green Room. We now meet in the Bulls Head pub on London Road, meetings start around 7:30pm.. The Bulls Head is next to Piccadilly station, from the main station concourse, go down the escalators to the Taxi rank. From the Taxi rank you will see the Bulls Head on the corner opposite."
- Exeter 2600 - meet at the Payphones, Bedford Square, Exeter, Devon
- Norwich 2600 on the first Friday of every month, 7.30pm outside "The Learning Shop" of the Norwich Forum public libary, then on elsewhere. Email n2600@gonewenching[dot]org for more details
- Glasgow 2600, first Friday of the month, 7pm, Central station, platform 1 payphones. Email admin@glasgow2600[dot]org[dot]uk or #2600glasgow on irc.2600.net, or http://www.glasgow2600.org.uk/cgi-bin/irc.cgi
- Sheffield 2600, as an official Sheffield University Students Union society, they meet (around 7pm) every other Wednesday at a different location each time - due to the nature of booking a room at the university. Location and time are announced on the front page of their website.
- Brighton 2600 - Meet at the phone boxes by the Sealife centre (across the road from the Palace Pier) at 19:00 to 19:15, then on to Buddies Cafe. Email email@example.com for more details.
- Newcastle 2600, first Friday of the month, 7pm, Newcastle Central Railway Station, by the payphones/connections board on the main concourse, between the ticket office and Burger King.
- Oxford 2600 seem to be starting up again, after a hiatus of a few years:
Our first meeting will be on Friday the 5th of December. The first meeting will be held in the Starbuck's that is in the Borders bookshop in central Oxford.9 Magdalen Street Oxford OX1 3AD
We will start at 19:00/7PM. We haven't had time to organise a webpage yet but we have registered the email address of oxford2600[at]gmail[dot]com for people who might have questions and wants to contact us.
- Belfast 2600:
The Belfast 2600 meets have been running for about a year now. They happen on the first Friday of every month from 7:30(ish), usually taking place at the Wellington Park Hotel (http://www.wellingtonparkhotel.com/). Current meet details are posted to http://www.hackni.org and I can be contacted at thingy[at]hackni.org.
- Leeds 2600 1st Friday of the month, 7pm, The Grove Inn, Back Row, off David Street, off Water Lane, Leeds LS11 5PL
- hackHull? 7pm onwards, The Old Gray Mare Pub, opposite Hull University.
- Reading 2600 first Friday of every month, starting at 6pm, outside the Afro Bar, Merchants Place, just off Friar Street, Reading. email rdg2600@intelynx[dot]net
- Hampshire 2600 - 3rd Friday of the month, 6pm - 9pm Wymering community centre, Sevenoaks Road, Wymering, Portsmouth (nearest railway station is Cosham), with mains power, internet access and free tea. Email meets@hants2600[dot]org[dot]uk for more details.
- hackLeeds? - 3rd Friday of the month - offshoot of the hackHull? meeting
- Cardiff 2600 - Saturdays by arrangement, Band Stand in Queen St/Churchill Way, near The Capitol Centre.
- Bristol 2600
Leeds 2600 meet used to be 7pm John Menzies at Leeds main railway station (c.f. hackLeeds? above)- now revived
Our friends in Europe
- Ireland - Dublin 2600 http://dublin.2600.ie/ meetings take place on the first Friday of each month 7pm. Meet at the phone booths on Wicklow Street beside Tower Records and then on elsewhere.
- France - Paris 2600 - only a Eurostar trip away
- Netherlands - Amsterdam 2600, first Friday of the month, 7pm at The Soundgarden, Marnixstraat 164-166 Amsterdam. email: adam2600@hushmail[dot]com
- Finland - Helsinki 2600 meet on the first Friday of each month starting around 17.00, Fenniakortteli food court (in the Kaisaniemi metro tunnel).
- Belgium ?
- Italy ?
- Spain ?
Our friends in the USA
- North Dakota - HackFargo 1st and 3rd Friday of the month.
Our friends in the Middle East
- Port Said - Egypt - Egypt 2600 Every first Friday of the month at 6pm - 7pm local Egyptian Time (GMT +02:00),
initially meeting at the foot of the Obelisk [El Missallah] marking the centre of Port Said, then on elsewhere.
N.B. given the human rights and political situation in Egypt, these people need our support for trying to adhere to the fundamentally decent principles and ethics of 2600 meetings - they already seem to be under Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt pressure from the Egyptian Government, even before the meetings have become established.
- Tel Aviv - Israel 2600 meet in Tel Aviv, at the Dizengoff Center, at the bridge near pizzeria "Agvania", gathering at 19:00 , on the first Thursday of every month. email 2600il@phreaker[dot]net.
Feel free to email the "organisers" (there is no formal organisation of any of these meetings, they happen spontaneously) detailed on the websites above if you are unsure as to the location or date of the next meeting, or if anybody else is going to turn up (not a problem in the major cities)